Freitag, 26. Juli 2013

Building a Mayan Temple (sort of...)

Today I googled "mineraft building" to get a bit of inspiration on what to build, and I came across a picture of a mayan temple. I thought that was pretty awesome and decided to build one of them. As my main island (I live on an island) is a jungle biome, I decided that it would be the perfect place for a mayan temple. So here we go :)

First I scouted a location to build the temple. This one seemed to be a good one.

To be able to build, I killed all the trees in the area so I could see what I was doing.

Here you can see a part of the area. The red wool shows the borders of the location.

Overview on the building site. Again: The red was placed first, to show me where the borders of the site are. That way i didn't delete too many trees.

Once everything was cleared, I started with building the stairs to the top of the temple.

After the stairs were finished, I started with the first wall. On this picture we can see the stairs (middle) the walls on one site (left) and the wall on which we are standing at the moment.

The temple takes shape. We got the first two walls built. At the bottom right corner of the picture you can see two chests. In those chests I stored building materials and the stuff from the trees I killed earlier.

The third wall of the temple is 

At the last point I built a little "house" on top of the third wall and placed a chest inside (next picture)

The chest inside the "house" on the third wall.

After that, I placed the leaves and parts of the wood I took from the trees that were standing at the place earlier to make the entire thing look good.
I also placed mossy-stone on the temple to make it look older.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen